View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 20:13   #5
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
IMO, if you are anything like me, then "you want what you want"I have "settled forsomethings that were "close" and I have almost always ended up spending more money later to get the exact thing. I have a couple of examples in my collection now. Although I admit I collect in the "working gun" realm, but I don't think there is a difference except for the number of zeros involved.

Sometimes I am backwards about it. I have one gun that I have wanted for decades, even though I have a couple that are very similar, and no doubt better guns and they were as expensive or even much more so, I still have the itch for THAT gun.

Now bearing in mind I am talking about a"shooter/carry' type gun. If I can be that picky in my price range I do not see any problem with someone collecting at your level waiting to get EXACTLY what they want. It's your (lots of) money. Get want you want and nothing else.

BTW. I agree most guns are best in their "native" caliber.
Thanks, my friend. I appreciate your thoughts and agree with what you're saying.

By the way, I feel the same way about getting exactly what you want regardless of the price. Most of my collection is well under $1000 and I've always waited for the exact configuration. Fortunately, most guns are much more easy to find than this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote