View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31   #39
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colubrid View Post
I recently met a christian woman who is right on doctrinally about God. but then this subject came up and i need our brethens help to respond (in a short sentance). Here is what she wrote:

"Lol. I don't lock the doors of my car which is basically brand new and it's never been stolen. I've been around rape and never been raped. I've been 10 steps from a shooting and was never shot. I was at the scene of a stabbing and never been stabbed. Who do you think prevented those things!? Not my gun. :-P
"
My way of looking at it is this, God can do much more for me, or any of us, than we can with our guns. He can, and does, prevent things from happening to His children (those who put their faith in Him), and even those that aren't His, although they don't acknowledge it.

He can protect me much better than I can protect myself. Nothing will happen to me unless it's His will, and if it's His will, nothing I do will prevent that. But it's all good, that way I get to go on to Glory with my Savior.

I also believe in the ability to defend myself, and there is nothing unscriptural about that. The Lord knows I will defend myself if I have to, but I think He takes care of that for me beforehand.

The fight isn't physical, it's spiritual. Everything that manifests in the physical is the result of something that has happened in the spiritual realm. If we walk according to the Spirit, we are more than conquerors and don't have to worry about a thing. A child of God can win the fight before it ever happens.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 12-06-2012 at 10:38..
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote