Thread: I believe...
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:01   #27
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
One of the things I will always remember from my Foreign Affairs class that my teacher said.....(paraphrasing) "During the Cold War, the deterrent of mutually assured destruction worked because the Soviet Union cared about its children"

I completely agree with this. This very comment is also what scares me about the religious zealots, especially the muslims. The muslim terrorist doesn't give a damn about his or his countries children, therefore, the threat of retaliation is meaningless to him.

This is one of the big differences between Christianity and Islam. To the Christian life should be sacred because Christians should believe that man was made in the image of God therefore they are special and cannot be property like animals can be.

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

you can see how this would trickle down to the treatment of women, children and fellow men. To an Islamic his wife and children are his property to do with as he pleases. To a Christian they are the property of God to be cherished as a blessing.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 12-08-2012 at 06:07..
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote