View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33   #38
boomchakabowwow

i like a partially serrated blade. why?

i work in tunnel construction project. during excavations we had these huge canvas bulkheads up to divert airflow. they were sometimes crisscross with thick rope to reinforce them..so they didnt balloon into a walkway or something. i had to help a contractor cut a piece. his knife while sharp..had a difficult time. my benchmade zippered the canvas and light sabered the rope.

if there was a fire and we needed to escape..my knife would have lead the way. that miner gave me money to buy him a benchmade with serrations. he worked to much to go shopping. he just handed me cash.

sharpening it? when i bought my benchmade..there was some man there..i remember him being some benchmade guy. cant be sure. it has been years and years. i asked about sharpening the thing. he said..use the spyderco sharpmaker. the corners of the ceramic sticks ride in and out of the serrations of benchmade style serrations perfectly. i have had my knife for years...and sharpening it this way has worked. my serrations are super sharp.
boomchakabowwow is offline   Reply With Quote