View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 23:39   #3
TK-421

They had 92 encounters where they discharged their weapons, and only were able to hit the object they discharged their weapon at on 28 occasions out of those 92? I don't know about you, but it seems like we need to try and get realistic training scenarios, instead of shooting at paper targets. Range shooting just can't give you the sudden adrenaline bursts and dumps that you might experience in an actual encounter. And I'm sure that totally throws off the officer's aim. It also doesn't help that I don't think they're trained enough in firearms.

Putting a magazine or two through your firearm twice a year just isn't anywhere near enough training, at least not in my mind. I think they need to go through a training course, like what they're doing in the photo in the article, twice a year, and they need to go to the range once a month. We need to do away with the adage of "carried a lot shot a little", and get them to actually train with their firearms more.

That incident at the Empire State Building, where two officers were shooting at one man, and ended up hitting 10 people, including nine totally innocent civilians should really say something about how poorly they're trained. Not only poorly trained on the use of their sidearm, but also poorly trained on how to handle the stress of being in that type of situation. There is no excuse as to why their training system is so lacking, it needs to be fixed, and it needs to be fixed before more innocent people are injured or killed.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote