View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 13:37   #143
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
There are a lot of things the government has outlawed that I don't agree with. But, I comply, nevertheless, because that is the contract we made when we adapted our Constitutional form of representative government. Just because I didn't sign doesn't mean I don't agree to be bound by it.
Sigh, the purpose of government is to protect individual liberty. We the people empower it with some of our rights but it doesn't have rights because of a collective as communism suggests or you seem to imply. It doesn't have rights that we don't have and therefore, isn't supposed to infringe on our rights unless we've been tried and found guilty of a crime against another by a jury of our peers.

The initation of force that the government claims the right to is as a result of people allowing BS like that to happen. Next time you're looted by the IRS to pay for a schmuck who won't get off their arse but wants free Obama stuff (see your sig line) just remember that YOU are endorsing the overreach of government with your silence.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote