View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:24   #12
COLOSHOOTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant View Post
Cochese, how was it toned out the night of the shooting? That was a true SHTF call.
I don't know how he got it but we got the first help calls being the closest city to cover. Those calls were toned out for shots fires possible active shooter. The next few were toned and pretty much "give us everyone" calls switch to the network channel.

I don't know if I'm just working in the wild west but I've been in some drop down drag outs and hear alert tones officers requesting emergency cover on a pretty regular basis. I've had to call in the troops while fighting a guy grabbing for my gun and BG's with weapons. I've also been there when cops have been shot at or have shot someone.

I'll tell you all those other calls are nothing compared to what I had to deal with earlier this year... I know we all know it can happen but you don't really expect to hear, "Officer Down" come out over the radio followed by we have an Officer shot. The response to that incident was amazing though. Within minutes there were cops from all over the city there. I have mad respect for the EMS / Fire crews who arrived on scene to try to save her. They took it as hard as all of us and were not giving up. The citizen response was also amazing. A former army medic rushed to help and gave it his all as well.

-George Orwell-
COLOSHOOTR is offline   Reply With Quote