View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 20:08   #51
lopak

Kinda surreal --- beer bottles, backlit by streetlights, pinwheeling through the air and crashing on the roofs of patrol cars.

A couple of our guys decided to ticket a bunch of cars parked along a street in a dicey neighborhood ... in front of a dicey bar ... just as the bar was closing.

We were in the office finishing up an arrest when the radio lit up asking for everyone, all units/all districts. I managed to make sparks jumping over the curb coming out of the parking lot, scaring the crap out of my copilot.

When we got there everyone grabbed nightsticks and ran toward the fun. The partygoers that didn't book were booked. Blue from all over the city showed up.

And that was always the way of it. Regardless of rivalries, race, personalities, or politics, our guys and girls would risk their lives getting to an immediate assistance call. An all units/all districts was an epileptic's nightmare with a parade of flashing lights coming from all directions. The bad guys could expect immediate and intense response. Interesting how many units suddenly became "available".

Always made me proud.
lopak is offline   Reply With Quote