View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:10   #53
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheBoomAndBust View Post
I know I'm going to get flamed here, but I figure its worth while to show how the real BATFE, not the political appointees that you all (and everyone in the Bureau) hate.

If anyone wants to make an adult argument against the BATFE's existence, I would be more then happy to listen to it, on three conditions:
1) You pay a $200 tax stamp to me and fill out a form with a 6 month turn around time.
2) Read my post first, because it will address a number of concerns.
3) Have proof, and be an adult with your argument, please do not slander the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect (believe it or not) your lawful use and ownership of firearms.
I'm not doing any of those things.

But,

The problem with ATF is the same as the problems with police, we see here. Most posters can't separate the law and lawmakers' decisions from those who enforce them.

We collectively elect lawmakers. They make laws. We collectively hire people to enforce them. Then we blame the people we hired to enforce them, for the laws our elected lawmakers made.

To make it a step stupider - here at Glock Talk, we also blame LE for not ignoring the bad laws...and the same people blame them for ignoring the laws they didn't want ignored. This forum is (literally) at least half populated by children.

Last edited by Bren; 01-04-2013 at 06:01..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote