View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:02   #56
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
You keep twisting my qualified statements into absolutes so you can tear down the strawman easier. Only theists deal in absolutes..
Well, by your admission, " Only theists deal in absolutes.." is not true . If you are wrong about that, you could be wrong about other things!

As for proof that there is no god, we've been over this before. The burden of proof lies with the person making the extraordinary (in this case supernatural) claim. I don't have to support the statement that there is no Santa Clause with proof in order for it to be valid and I don't have to support the statement there is no god for the same reason (even though I have here multiple times).
Quote:
The existence of supernatural deities runs contrary to everything that has ever been observed in this universe.
"I'm glad Einstein didn't "limit" himself to what is known", or George Washington Carver, or Bill Gates..........................
Quote:
The inductive case against god is overwhelming. I don't have to treat an infinitesimally small chance as a real and viable possibility.
No you don't, I'm glad others do...............like organ transplants, stem cell research, etc

Jim Elliot
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote