View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 13:43   #101
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisc1024 View Post
So they are illegal to POSSESS in California? Then that would lead me to believe that if a cop stopped you on a highway with an "assault rifle" in your car, you’re going to jail. The charge would be possession of an assault rifle. Therefore it is not "grandfathered" in. I might be missing something, but that was the quote.
They are NOT illegal to posses, IF you owned them prior to the ban, but here is the rub. They can certainly be confiscated. Then the owner has to prove they were legally owned, hard to do. Then if you do prove they were legal, you don't get them back because they were destroyed, but you will be compensated for them. Theo ther rub, now you can't buy new ones, it's a felony to bring them across state lines.
I never travel around Kalif w/ a high cap, just use the legal 10rd, That way, when a cop that knows little about the law stops me, no issue. Much like ObamCare, we won't know what is in the new law until they pass it, but it will not be good & it will be permanent, that is for sure.
BTW, PBO can EO the mags out of existance, He does not need a new law. Just task the ATF to reqrite current laws, He has done it w/ sales reporting of assault style weapons in the border states do to the trumped up Fast&Furious BS. He could & probably will do something like that w/ high cap mags.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-22-2012 at 13:47..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote