View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 21:12   #111
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisc1024 View Post
Thanks for the clarification on that. However, my original question has yet to be answered, and I'm not necessarily aiming this at you Fred. If [B]possession[B] is illegal, then how is any "assault weapon" grandfathered in? Said another way, how can you keep your legally purchased "AW" if it is illegal to possess?
If the libs are talking about making possession illegal, then they are talking about making everyone who owns an "AW" a criminal over night, no grandfather clause there.
The govt can do anything it wants. They could grandfather all current AW. THey could go the route of Australia & full on ban on ownership, just demand a turn over & they will give you some paultry amount of money. IT could happen. I doubt it, but it could. There is a constitutional issue of illegal seizure & forfiture of property, but they have gotten around that with current drug laws.
Mags, they could certainly ban them, wouldn't even need a new law, just decree it so for public safety reasons. Mere posession could be a felony, much like marijuana used to be. Anything could happen, we'll just have to wait & see, but IMO, better to spend some money now if you want something, if this stuff is banned, grandfathered in or not, you can't buy it going forward.
Yeah, another thing I see happening will be a ban on ALL gunshow sales unless they go thru a FFL process. Again, all BS, when you consider the top ATF guys are running guns to Mexico for cash.
There is a long standing reason why ALL liberals want guns banned. You can not be a tyrannical govt if the people can't fight back. How are you going to enact 75% tax rates & force people into public transportation, global warming taxes, etc if they rebel? Rebelling w/o guns is a loooong hard road, just look @ Syria today.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-22-2012 at 21:20..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote