View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:44   #22
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun123 View Post
Ever heard of things like DUI checkpoints; insurance checkpoints, seat belt check points, Terry stops, etc. They will get you when you least expect it. They will make it so your only option is to hide it away or bury it. Using it will not be an option. You want even be able to talk about it without fear of being informed on for cash via crime stoppers.
I suspect you are right - once it is criminalized, it becomes useless for anything but a fight to the death against the government.

A friend of mine was once offered an unregistered submachinegun in trade for a rifle and asked what I thought about the deal - he couldn't take it to the range and he couldn't use it in self-defense, or else he'd go to prison, so what's the point of having it? Put it away in case of civil war would be about all, and even that's a risk - you house burns down and a local cop or fireman decides to tell the feds (we were both cops at the time, but not fans of feds or gun control).