View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 19:22   #62
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
Here's my question for the BATFE..

About 8 years ago while I was out of state, my home was broken into. I got a call from family, and quickly called a friend of mine on the LEO as he knew I have a large gun collection. He notified the officers responding to check on my collection. I had an FN FAL out of the safe as there wasn't any room for it. (My mistake). When they got there the FN FAL was sitting by the broken front door. The LEO's that were there spotted my ammo crate marke 81mm HE and called in the Bomb squad and the BATFE. As I'm driving back to my state, I'm on the phone with a Capt. of my LEO and she said my master bedroom was one of the few rooms the suspects did not enter. But she wanted to know what was in the locked ammo crate. I told her it's contents. Military maps, etc.. left over from my service and she could pop it open and check it out if it made her feel better. While all this was going on I had a friend go to my house to represent me, and take custody of my too scared to death dogs. Meanwhile he observed, the Leo run a K-9 through my house (which took a dump in my office), and saw BATFE and the LEO ransacking my house. Not only did they do a thorough ransacking, they even crawled under it through my crawl space to see if I had a hidden basement. (In Florida) In the end, BATF took my FN-FAL with them. The had asked me over the phone where my keys were to the gun safe, but I had those on me. However, someone attempted to drill out the lock, yet when the burglars saw the cops they ran off, and didn't leave behind any drills or tools. When I got home they were all gone and my home was trashed! I took pictures of every room including my master bedroom that was NEVER touched by the suspects. Every bed in my home was tossed including the Master bedroom. Every dresser drawer in the house was also tossed including the master bedroom. And to add insult to injury, when I called the BATFE about my FN-FAL, they said they didn't take it, it was my LEO. When I called my LEO, they said BATFE took it. I contacted my buddies in the LEO and one of them works in the evidence room and verified that it wasn't there, that BATFE infact did take it with them.

As you can see here, this leaves me with many questions.

So after I lawyered up. The guys on my LEO told me who to FAX my hate letter too. I faxed everyone from my LEO's internal affairs, BATFE internal affairs, Mayor, District, and state attorneys, and just about everyone else I could think of.

So my questions are:

Why didn't BATFE get a warrant to search my home? They had plenty of time as I was 8 hours away.

And why did the BATFE lie about having my FN-FAL?

Two days after my faxing furry, a BATFE supervisor was at my front door handing me my rifle. Yes he was polite and appologised, and he explained that his agents are not experts on firearms. Often they don't know what they are looking at, and take the firearm to their expert who examines the weapon to see if any crime has been committed. This I understand, but saying your agency doesn't have it, and also searching without a warrant is troubling.

I don't have any hate torwards the agency. My LEO friends said these were all Good Cops that just made bad choices, and the Capt. on the scene should have watched them closer as she's the one who should know better than all of them. They also explained that if the suspects touched something, then thats reason to examine the object. Fine then, but why did they want to get into my locked gun safe then? It's locked. The suspects didn't touch any of the contents.... Also why did they ransack a room that the suspects never went into? They even ransacked my wifes "Naughty drawer!".. LOL

And to make matters even worse, the LEO's on the scene found a S&W 9mm on the floor of my kids room. When the Crime scene tech picked it up, she shot a hole through my wall and couch.... They bought me a new couch....

Ok. Questions done. I got my firearm back. Got 3 more safes, and an alarm that calls ME, and not the cops.

Again, no hate. But who's in charge there???
First let me say that I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. Second let me say this is not the first story of this type I've heard of. Third, I'm glad you hold no animosity against the ATF because the only visit I ever had from them 1973 was actually handled professionally and courteously. However I've heard of too may horror srories since for me to have love for the BTAF&E. They keep adding letters.

I was at the range today. I was going back and forth to the rifle rack as I was sighting in a scope and testing loads for different rifles. Shot five change rifles, shoot five change rifles. At on point I turned around and there was a "gentleman" standing there with a windbreaker on that said FBI. AND HE WAS LOOKING AT ME!. Jerry I says... here we go. I just said hi. He said hi, are those two scopes the same. I said they are. They are both Night Force. However one is a higher power than than other and one has a target radical and the other a hunting redial. He smiled and said "OH". I swapped out rifles and sat at the bench. When I looked back he was gone.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-04-2013 at 22:14..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote