View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:20   #3
bdcochran

I read and reread the posting.

OP stated that he has a Glock knife already. He implies that he is not satisfied with the same. In that situation, he is best advised to obtain something else.

My mentor loves the Glock knife. As a former paratrooper, he sets up survival packs for his family. He wanted a digger that would be strapped outside a pack. He likes the Glock knife. However, he didn't like the grind and spent a considerable sum having his Glock knives reground to his satisfaction.

The two points are: 1. no one can make the decision what knife will be comfortable for a particular person; and 2. nothing is perfect.

You might like a Ka bar. However, it depends upon whether you find the grip comfortable for your application. Moreover, there are a variety of blade types and "generations" of even the basic Ka Bar originally used in WW2.

I may not like a "saw blade", a "tanto point", a "leather grip", a "plastic sheath". Whatever. Or I may decide that a Ka Bar or a Glock knife is too unwieldy to carry on a consistent basis and want something that is not a digger, not as big. Then I might prefer a Mora for $15 or a Marttinni for $25.

The two knives identified are basic field knives. OP already knows what he doesn't like about the Glock knife. So, just buy a Ka Bar and learn what he likes and dislikes about that knife. Then, he can have more information and make a better decision when he buys his third knife and joins the rest of us in the pursuit of the best all around reasonably priced field knife.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote