View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:41   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter4215 View Post
How anyone can look around them in their everyday life and think that what they see is simply the result of an explosion is beyond me.
How anyone can look around them in their everyday life and think that what they see is so simple they can udnerstand it without making any effort to learn the science behind it and that they can get a true answer because some ancient people, without even our most basic level of education, wrote it in a book, with no supporting evidence, is beyond me.

Did you ever read any of the other dozens or hundreds of stories they wrote about where all of this came from? The backs of turtles and horns of bulls and dung beetles and climbing up blades of grass from the last world and such? They have equal evidence and are equally likely - are they all true or just, coincidentally, the one your parents/community believed when and where you were born? Is it a popularity contest? Whatever religion gets the most people gets to decide how the world got here...until another religion gets more people and the "truth" changes?
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote