View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 18:12   #37
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I just want to see what you guys think. I'm thinking that if the republican party doesn't change it is going to loose. The population is changing and I think the republicans will no longer have the votes to do anything.
I don't claim to be an expert.
When I was born, people in Kentucky were still democrats, as they had been since the civil war - democrats carried guns and worked for a living and even the KKK still voted democrat (the party they belonged to from their founding until probaly well after WW II). The Democrats became increasingly left-wing, so that now Kentuckians vote Republican by a landslide in national politics...and still vote democrat by a landslide in state politics. I do it to (note that neaerly all of Kentucky's pro-gun laws, probably the most pro-gun in America, were written and sponsiored and passed by democrat legislators and governors).

Now the problem is that even the Republicans are moving more and more to the left os now it's either stay home or vote for some nutty fringe party that has no chance and guarantees the democrats a win.

If the Republican party could be corrected, as the tea party and such have started to do, that would be the best choice, because moving everybody to a third party would take many years and guaranteee democrat control, and likely the complete economic and civil rights destruction of the country, for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Bren; 01-05-2013 at 18:13..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote