View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 20:08   #14
Beanie-Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
I like my HK45c so well that I am keeping my eyes open for the full size HK45.

I like H&K firearms. I also find that H&K firearms owners tend to be more knowledgeable and typically more experienced than say, Glock owners. I think some of that is due to the fact that Glocks are cheaper and therefore attract newer, more inexperienced shooters, whereas H&K firearms are more expensive and new shooters tend not to want to spend that kind of money.

Do not get me wrong, there are some very knowledgeable and experienced Glock owners, but some of the new shooter, Glock fan boys, amuse me with some of the things they write on GlockTalk.

I also like Sig pistols, but when they are first released, H&K pistols tend to be more cutting edge/innovative. I find that Sig pistols, that I like (P226, P229, P220), weigh more than I like to carry. But, I do like them for home defense and target practice.
RJ
Enjoy your HK45 when you get yours...as I mentioned in the previous post, Mike from Cross Creek Guns has great deals on HK45 magazines, and his customer service is outstanding.

I enjoy my "daily driver" Glocks, but enjoy shooting some Cadillacs every now and then, too. The fit/finish, and my overall experience with them has been great so far, and I wouldn't expect anything less from any of their other products.

I, too, like the SIG Sauer classic line of pistols, and have really taken a liking to one of my latest: an M11-A1 on which I've swapped out the P228 grips for an E2 one-piece grip, and also swapped out the "thin" trigger for a "thick" trigger. I've got an older P228, and the new M11-A1 just doesn't compare to it, because it's really a non-rail P229. Of all the SIGs I have, I really only have a P238HD and P239 in my CCW rotation.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote