Once I had the bugs worked out of mine it's been OK, but it took a little while to get used to, and work out the bugs.
I'll tell you what I did, in hopes it helps. I ditched the stock spring and rod for the heavier Wolf spring. I did this primarily to reduce recoil, and am happy I did.
The only time I recall the gun malfunctioning, after I had the experience with this gun to be confident I competentlyntly shooting it, was when it needed some TLC. The parts pictured above in post #10 were causing problems with the slide. I don't recall exactly, but I couldn't rack it properly at home, and it clearly wouldn't have fired right. After a smadjustmentmetightenedhted that Torx screw), and cleaning, it was all good.
I'll be following your experience to see how it goes.