View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06   #5
ESAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Very nice. I sleep in a tent or in the back of a ford explorer.
thanks & my wife would not be caught dead in a tent, roughing it for my wife on vacation is a suite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Nice rig, ESAFO. Looks like you have it set up in a semi permanent location, maybe a home away from home?

We're still using a 1966 Prowler 17.5' camper trailer that my uncle had when he took me hunting back in the '60's. I've had it 27 years and it's still in great shape. I use it every year as my elk hunting base camp, for our annual spring camp along the Colorado River near Moab, and maybe another trip or two to the mountains.

For various reasons I've removed the siding and replaced the insulation with modern foam board. It's cozy inside for winter weather camping with nice carpet, insulated curtains, good bed, shower, etc. The original Dometic propane/electric refrigerator stopped working this year so I want to find a replacement.

I look at more modern units and we may get one someday but this one does the job and costs almost nothing....

Hunting, Fishing & Camping

Hunting, Fishing & Camping
thank you & yes it is on property that we own in a campground, you buy the lot you own it & pay taxes on it.
it's basically a little town inside of this campground & if you can't find something to do then you have issues.
it's only about 45min from our house, but yes it's a great little get away.
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7kOlvPJQ2BoAlVlXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1YnRpNDc0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01TWTAxMV8xM jU-/SIG=11vlpdmg6/EXP=1358114085/**http%3a//www.holidaycamplands.com/general.htm
you deff dont see many like that around here still in any kind of shape to sleep in & even when you do get a new unit you still use alot of electricity or propane to stay warm.
CM9, CW45 - M&P 22- XDS 45 & S&W 500 8 3/8
H&R 12GA & Remington 597 .22

Last edited by ESAFO; 01-13-2013 at 08:14..
ESAFO is offline   Reply With Quote