View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 13:18   #1482
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
You guys are making a lot of good arguments for why "they" can't let the handouts stop.

Is thee an alternative where we share the wealth? From each according to his ability (Publix) to each according to his need (No job)? I am seeing this as I read you guys.

I say that they just keep on giving these guys currency equal to a working mans (or more) so that they can continue to buy their stuff and it does not matter if they print the money so long as they dole it out in a balanced way so that we all get to buy what stuff remains available equally.

This would delay the riots until the store shelves are empty and then the working people who did not prepare would be right there with them.
Oh no?!?!? That is the road to ruin. Decrease public assistance to a bare subsistence level. You don't starve, you have shelter, but no phone, no tv, no game consoles, no high dollar SUV's with after market rims and a cool sound system, you get to live, that's it. A man working 20 hours a week at a part time job at minimum wage should have a better life than a welfare leach that is able to work.

If you give people the proper motivation to work they will work. That includes being very harsh to thieves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-13-2013 at 13:57..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote