View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 21:28   #23
Car 2217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
<Snippet>
So where do you live? Are you a slave or a free man?<End Snippet>
I said I wasn't going to keep responding but since this post was directed to me personally, I have to make an exception.

I live in a very conservative state with probably the most permissive deadly force laws in the nation. I am slightly to the right of Attila the Hun politically. I do not believe in the victim philosophy nor do I believe in coddling criminals. I am a retired LEO. I've been shot at and I've discharged my weapon in the line of duty so this is not an intellectual exercise for me.

If you employ deadly force, even when justified, you may have to defend yourself in court depending on the circumstances and the district attorney's mindset (even if you are a LEO). If you are a private citizen, the odds go up that you will need an attorney. If you are pursuing a bad guy as a private citizen and you kill him, you are almost certainly going to need an attorney and that costs money. And one more thing: until you get an attorney, STFU.

Don't let some gang banger harm you or yours but don't go looking for trouble. Be a good witness and allow the LEOs to do their job.

That was what I was trying to get across when I told the story of the guys in Texas as a set up for citing how the core deadly force statues tend to read in virtually all the states.

I see now that I should have left off the story and just cited the core statutes and ask for comments but I didn't do that. My bad.

Now, unless someone directs something to me personally again that requires a reply, I really am going to stop responding.
Car 2217 is offline   Reply With Quote