View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 22:34   #56
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
No S#!t Sherlock, where exactly have you been for the last 7 years??

Wake up and take a look at a profile or two. Look at the insignia on the hat in the avatar, learn a little bit of jargon, but don't blame me for your negligent or willful ignorance.

All with military experience here, will tell you that the highest ranking military medical person within shouting distance is known as "Doc". Not doctor, that's different. The highest assigned medical officer within a maneuver element was referred to as the "surgeon", even if he was not a surgeon, but a PA, ER Doctor, GMO Doctor or whatever. It's the way people refer to each other in places you have never been.

Last deployment, I was the Brigade Surgeon of an Engineer Brigade in Baghdad. I wasn't a Doctor, or a Surgeon. But I practiced medicine and trauma stabilization surgery very well. I had unfortunately had a lot of experience in that & was very good at it, or fortunately, depending on your perspective.

A lot of younger guys went outside the wire to get to the wounded faster at my urging. That's a good thing, well, if you are on our side.
I'm a very firm believer that a doctor is often the least qualified of the medical professionals to practice medicine. I try to go with an NP when I need to go to the "doctor."

I've had some great doctors with my varied health problems, but I've had far more grossly incompetent doctors. Thankfully the PA, NP, or RN was able to inform me what was up to make decisions.

If the medical profession holds up through Obamacare I'm thinking about making Medical Physics my grad program.

Got a way off topic question for you. A couple local hospitals offer associates degrees as a PA. I've never heard of a bachelor's program around here. Obviously there is one, but what are the differences between a PA with an associates degree and one with a master's?

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote