View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:05   #33
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladd Gardner View Post
I never looked at the Burris mount options because I ordered the new upper complete, with Lone Wolf Distributor's "slide melt," titanium trigger components (safety plunger, striker, etc.) and I just took my buddy at LWD's recommendation vis a vis the red dot sight.

I couldn't see dumping $600+ (with mount) on a Trijicon RMR for a gun I'd be throwing in a saddle bag to take into the Colorado timber on hunts, camping etc.

This little sight has gotten wet (not immersed) plenty of times, and I've had it out in sub-zero temps many times. It has always worked, flawlessly.

I had the 'smith install Ameriglo sights, too -- "cowitnessed" -- in the event the red dot ever goes down, but I've never had to use them.

All I can say is that shooting with a red dot is far more "intuitive" than I would've thought. It was disconcerting the first trip to the range because it exaggerates your movement when you look at that little dot. You have to unlearn "front sight discipline" and relearn "target fixation."

After years of shooting with iron sights, it's been like trying to rub my stomach, while patting my head; just very foreign to what I've learned, because you look THROUGH the "dot" and make the target your complete focus.

Anyway, once you get comfortable with relearning a different sight/target-acquisition technique, it's much more intuitive and much easier to shoot accurately.

I am putting all my rounds inside a fist-sized group at 25 yards, off-hand, which is something I'd never have been able to do, before, with my stock Glock sights.

I love this little sight, and it's a gas to shoot. It cost me about $250+/- and is the best investment I've ever made in transforming my shooting.
Yep. I've only fired my buddy's (gator378 here on GT) JPoint'd G20.... Its pretty amazing to use the dot system... I was shooting offhand, too, and had nice clusters of holes (or one big hole) at 25 yards .... pretty impressive to be able to do that. What's awesome is, that I can do the same thing with OPEN sights with my Fusion (above), so I'm almost scared to think of what a DOT SIGHT could do.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote