View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 21:42   #198
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
I want to know about the first life. Not just the first life on earth. If an older form of life started us, which is possible, it still doesn't answer the question if life started on it's own.

Ben Stein tried to make Richard Dawkins look bad in his movie with questions along these lines, and with creative editing of course.
I think Ben Stein is an awesome economist. Honestly, I don't know much about him other than that. Except in his role in Ferris Bueller's Day Off..... My first date with Ms. Cavalry Doc, but that's a whole different story.

The first KNOWN life is what we are looking for. The first one with knowledge of itself, regardless of location.

No, even if it didn't happen on Earth first.... I cannot tell you if it happened on it's own by accident, and was brought here by an intelligence, which happened by chance somewhere else. I cannot tell you how old the earth is, or how old life is in the universe. Assuming it all started and ended here is about as infantile as assuming the universe revolved around the earth. A lot of the earth-centric atheist beliefs that are common probably need to be rethought. Which kind of makes the old vs new earth argument a little lame. It's as old as it is.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-18-2013 at 21:46..