View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 23:17   #58
DJ Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsten View Post
Mine is the 3 pin design and I was guessing that somewhere down the line they simplifed by using one frame for each given size ( full , compact , sub compact ) instead of one for the 9 mm and another one for the 357 and 40 .

Thanks for the info
Checking a few Glock full-size 9mm handguns/photos that I can access, I see that by the DT* ***-series of serial numbers, there was a faint shadow mold-mark on the frame where the third pin hole would eventually be, like they were already using the 3-pin .40 frame mold, but plugging the hole for the third pin when they used it for 9mm frames. I saw the same thing in a DU* ***-series 9mm, so they still hadn't converted to the three-pin frame for the 9mm guns at the time that Glock was made. Checking the user database for date will give you an idea of when those guns were made, if you want to narrow-down the time window.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote