View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45   #16
Pierre!
NRA Life Member

Ahhhh.... the back and neck.

I can only say - Get A Sports Medicine Based Back/Spine Doctor!!!

I am a 3 level cervical surgery candidate - C4/5, C5/6, C6/7 - for a "laminectomy". It was *urgent* that I get this done... Got the news on November 27th, and they could have me in and out on Dec 15th! If I don't get it done I would probably never walk again if I was involved in an auto accident... Recovery would be 6 to 8 weeks.

That was 13 years ago.

I got a second opinion from the 2000 Olympic Ski Team Dr - He remarked that the proposed surgery was a very effective and efficient surgery - for the surgeon.

But Mr. Seeber the proposed surgery has nothing to do with what you need.

He proposed discectomy with micro fusion - 2 to 4 days out of work with lifting restrictions (that's a given)

Got lots of PT and a Pain Dr - and got about 10 years in that way...

Moving to Arizona was THE *Silver Bullet*.

No pain. Issues are not resolved, but at least I don't hurt.

The real *proof* for me was my Dental Hygienist got the laminectomy - called me and begged me to get it done! I was almost going to go for it, but the second opinion really got my attention.

Within 3 months I found out that the Dental Hygienist was now permanently disabled - she returned to work early, and it screwed up the work.

THE WHOLE POINT IS - Get The Second Opinion!

I will have to get surgery one day, and I am headed back to Reno Nv which may change my current pain status... yet to be seen. At least I will be back in the area where they know my issues.

I guess I will have to get it done before Dr. Rappaport retires... (LOL)

But GET the second opinion from the Sports Doctor if at all possible.

God Bless
Patrick

Download YOUR copy of Internet Safety Tips - "The Essentials"!
My Gift to You, AND it's >FREE<
Pierre! is offline   Reply With Quote