Originally Posted by Joe32780
I sent Mike a note, if he isn't too busy I'm sure he'll clear it up, at least for Orlando.
Although Mike's a wonderful guy, he is the CFRPC GSSF Match Coordinator - not a Glock employee who can dictate rules. However, if he has heard the same thing, I'm sure he would tell you.
There are a lot of things that GSSF allows that are not in the rules - or that the rules seem to contradict at times.
Allowed (last I heard... but "tomorrow is another day".):
- Plastic magwells
- Plastic beavertails
- Plastic unweighted grip plugs
- Aftermarket slide cover plates
- Decorative embossing/engraving on slide
- Reshoots for absolutely anything including brain freezes
- USPSA-type reloads unless specifically forbidden by local venue
There may be more that I am not remembering right now. I try to put these changes in my memory bank as they come along and spit them out when
necessary at a match.
ETA: Plastic unweighted grip plugs added and "-type
" added to USPSA.