View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 13:30   #9
tous
GET A ROPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Those who once did, now will not support gun control.So a positive statement that there are those in LE working against gun control is not welcomed as an increase in the ranks of citizens against gun control.

Tous, would you agree that unreasonable fear is a hallmark of those working to ban guns? Do you believe that if those people were to listen to fact and mute the fear mongering, more progress toward fewer restrictions, not more?So, instead of welcoming the support, you push away these new partners. Instead of asking how you can support their position, demean their actions. Instead of asking how you can influence other LE organizations...never mind. I believe your mind is closed on this.

So, rather then engage the debate, you choose to deem me unworthy.

Ask the citizens of New Orleans if a positive attitude and unquestioning faith in the integrity of the police officers and sheriff's deputies serving them made them feel less fearful as their doors were forced open, arms pointed at them and a demand made for the surrender of their only means of protection.

I base my argument on history. I restate, no oppressive government has ever had a shortage of employees willing enforce whatever law said government decrees. The assumption that the government employees in this country are somehow different, more moral, less interested in self-preservation is not convincing.

I further suggest that oaths of honor made among one's fellows where there is no consequence for disagreeing is hardly the stuff of commitment to a political ideal.

I do not suggest that wprebeck or his brethren won't be guided by their sense of honor. I do suggest most strongly that many of those in the same employee will do what they're told and if they do not, the government will find men that will.

I imagine that events leading up to brutal oppression against many a populace were preceded by those that urged, "It cannot happen here"

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law