View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 17:38   #88
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I certainly wouldn't waste my time trying to figure you out. I'm merely pointing out the frequency with which you post "going to hell" type messages, and that the righteous should delight with God in what He will do to the wicked.

Oh no, oh no, anywhere but a fictional hell.

Cheers.
-ArtificialGrape

To piggyback on your point, this is not directed to you.

Arcangel,

You invite extremism if you practice it. I'll not pretend to be a bible scholar, but I'm pretty sure there is a strong lesson about not judging others in life, lest you be judged in life. Vengance is for god, not man. The first one I completely agree with. You can believe what you want, and even describe why in a respectful manner, and that covers your requirement to proselytize. After that, let it go. You've accomplished your requirement for informed consent.

I completely understand your striking back. The fact is that if vengeance is only for god, my feelings are, in certain circumstances, and under the proper legal rules of engagement, to potentially expedite that meeting, with extreme prejudice. But that's a whole other topic for a whole other forum, under circumstances that most would find very unfamiliar.

I have no problem with people believing in any god that they want to. I have no problem with people believing that there has never been a god. As one that admits I don't know, both are just about equally as possible.

I have a problem with poor manners though. I have no problem with responding in kind.

I think we would all be better off being well mannered and respectful, but face it, that's not gonna happen around here with some posters.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-30-2013 at 17:44..