View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:22   #22
mac66
Plant the seed

There's a lot of WTF in this thread.

Nobody hunts with hollow points and I don't even know of a hollow point load for the 30-30 and I've been shooting for 50 years. Anyone who hunts deer with a hollow point 357 is an idiot.

Second, while the idea of interchangeable ammo for rifle and pistol may sound like a good idea, there really is no point to it. Use your pistol which is easy and less powerful for close up self defense, and use a rifle in a rifle cartridge for longer distances. Using a pistol cartridge in a rifle negates the advantage of having a rifle, i.e, more power at longer range.

I have several pistol caliber carbines which are fun to shoot but if I need a rifle I am going to choose one in a rifle cartridge. I had a 357 mag lever action once. Never could figure out what it was good for other than playing cowboy.

Finally, the world is filled with short lever action rifles without having to resort to some POS gimmick gun from Mossberg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote