View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:06   #44
Cwlongshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
While I can understand the desire to be more discreet and un-threatening looking, this seems like the wrong frame of mind to take to a gun fight.

Let's say you will potentially be facing a bad guy with a Glock 17, or an AR15, or a bolt rifle in 270, or even a revolver.......Since you just don't know what you'll be facing in the real world, would you now be more inclined to wish you had that SKS?

I certainly would. If I have to put my trunk gun to use......I want the best advantage I can give myself.......and it's NOT a lever rifle, unless I could pick and choose who, and what I'll be facing.......let's get real, you can't do that! At that point, putting forth a politically correct public image is the last thing I'll be thinking of......

ooc
I never could understand this line of thinking...

Not really talking personal protection here, but ''battles'' are won with tactics and rounds ON TARGET. Spray and pray will be left nerves twitching on the floor with a well places shot...

TRAINING, SHOOTING will overcome ALLOT if not ALL situations. Cool heads come from that, we all know cooler heads usually prevail.

I'm a competitive shooter, many times I have beaten shooters with high tech Benelli shotguns. Beaten them a couple times with a 100 year only Winchester thumb buster!! The first time we did that we where nearly laughed off the line... at the end there was allot of back slapping and many wanted to see this old shotgun. Much like the saying its the singer not the song... Its the shooter NOT the gun.

CW