View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 15:28   #27
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
I live in a rural area. One day, while I was outside, I noticed a van parked at the end of my driveway. It sat there for a length of time that indicated to me that whoever was in the van was doing something other than trying to figure out where he was. I started down the driveway to see if I could assist whoever was in the van, when the van took off. I noticed that the van stopped at my neighbor's house about 300 yds away. I got in my truck and caught up with the van, which was occupied by a thirty-something man and woman. I asked if I could help them. They then explained what they were doing and showed me the hand-held unit they were using to record GPS locations of addresses.

For those who have been incredulous over me referring to that as an intrusion, yes, it is an intrusion.
Thank you for answering that question, yet again, I asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Yes, one mistake is too many, and yes, it has happened "many" times, and for many reasons.

Rarity requires comparison. You say it is not rare, yet you refuse to quantify the number of mistakes to the total number of warrant services. Why?

You say more than one is too many. Using your number, you would say that 5 out of 10,000, just to pick a number, 0.05% is not rare. At what percentage of total warrant services does the number pass from rare to not rare?
Thanks....

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote