View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:20   #10
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialized View Post
....... I have discovered that with a 6lb trigger spring and lightened plunger spring along with the Ghost Rocket (these are the Ghost Spring Kit springs too) and the stock firing pin spring, the trigger pull is about 5.5lbs when it breaks. Not great, but not bad. All smoother due to the polishing (25-cent trigger job), but ideal would be about 4lb pull.

Has anybody messed with the sear/striker interface? I may do some polishing there as well to see if I can make it bind less. Works great on M&P's, and I figure they took the concept from Glock anyway.
You should be aware that a so-called, '3.5#' connector actually produces a trigger pull at, or above, 4.5#'s. The standard coil spring should be installed in the shape of an, 'S' and not a, 'Z' when the trigger mechanism is viewed from the right-hand side with the trigger in your right-hand, and the THU in your left-hand.

Personally I've had the best results using Wolff Gunsprings throughout my Glocks. I use 6# striker AND trigger springs. 'Why'? Because trigger pull weight is not the only criterion by which to evaluate a Glock's trigger. RESET is, also, important; and the above components give me the cleanest, crispest break on the sear while firing from reset.

Make sure you polish your striker (FP) safety and firing pin well. As for myself? I strongly recommend that you do NOT use reduced weight springs in an EDC Glock. My own cumulative trigger pull weights average between 4.9 and 5.2#'s when measured from the center of the trigger's face; and, as I've said, the break is very clean.

LEAVE THE GLOCK TRIGGER BAR, 'KICK-PLATE' AND STRIKER LUG CONFIGURATION ALONE. Even a little bit of fooling around with it (polishing) can make your Glock highly unstable and prone to, 'ND'.
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote