View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00   #13
Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
You should be aware that a so-called, '3.5#' connector actually produces a trigger pull at, or above, 4.5#'s.
I had read this in a few different places, makes sense. Though I have seen some 9mm 17's and 19's that had very nice 3lb triggers, I know that the 10mm's and .45's need heavier FP springs to be reliable, which increases trigger pull weight.
Quote:
The standard coil spring should be installed in the shape of an, 'S' and not a, 'Z' when the trigger mechanism is viewed from the right-hand side with the trigger in your right-hand, and the THU in your left-hand.
I had seen this on the videos and followed it carefully. What I don't know is what happens if you get it backwards -- what's the effect of that?
Quote:
Personally I've had the best results using Wolff Gunsprings throughout my Glocks. I use 6# striker AND trigger springs.
You're the second person to mention this -- I'm going to order some Wolff springs and see what differences they make. Thanks for the tip.
Quote:
Make sure you polish your striker (FP) safety and firing pin well. As for myself? I strongly recommend that you do NOT use reduced weight springs in an EDC Glock.
I agree, based on what I've heard that doing so can do to reliability. And I carry this G36 most of the time.
Quote:
LEAVE THE GLOCK TRIGGER BAR, 'KICK-PLATE' AND STRIKER LUG CONFIGURATION ALONE. Even a little bit of fooling around with it (polishing) can make your Glock highly unstable and prone to, 'ND'.
That would be a bad thing. Thanks for all the great tips, I really appreciate it!
Specialized is offline   Reply With Quote