View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45   #14
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialized View Post
....... (Ref: Backwards trigger springs)(Ed.) I had seen this on the videos and followed it carefully. What I don't know is what happens if you get it backwards -- what's the effect of that?
Your backwards trigger spring will have a tendency to slip off one of its contact points and will be prone to premature snapping and failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialized View Post
You're the second person to mention this -- I'm going to order some Wolff springs and see what differences they make. Thanks for the tip.
You're welcome.

The reason, 'Why' you want to put a high polish on the WHOLE striker safety plunger and the firing pin is because - of all the components in a Glock trigger mechanism - it is the striker safety plunger that offers the greatest amount of mechanical friction during the trigger pull.

Be sure to put a high polish on the trigger bar's safety plunger, 'actuating cam' too. The smoother these components are the smoother your Glock's trigger will work; BUT, remember to leave the contact surfaces between the striker lug, and the trigger bar's, 'kick plate' (sear) strictly alone. You don't ever want these parts to skid or, 'stack' on you.

The advantage you'll realize from using heavier 6# trigger and striker springs (in combination with a standard weight, or heavier, recoil spring) is a much cleaner break when using a Glock trigger from its reset position.
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote