View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 20:42   #286
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
At some point I assume the FBI will become ring master, but at a more granular state each of those listed agencies will continue to push at their own levels while feeding into the feebs.

If memory serves me correct, does CA have something similiar to MN's BCI? CBI? (and no, this is not from TV )
CA has its DOJ with an investigative arm as well as other investigative agencies, but those are all over the place. CA has a lot of peace officer designations such as Dept. of Corporations, Elder Abuse, Welfare Fraud, Insurance, Real Estate, etc., all has their own investigation arm with peace officers.

We have our BNE (CA's DEA) and ABC (CA's Alcohol Control), but no CBI. Not sure who from the state is doing this, might be CHP's investigation arm or DOJ. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
I will assume that affirmative action had nothing to do with it.
Yes, crazy knows no colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
I'm guessing this guy started to come un-spun, and then he was let go. Only the people close to him might have had a faint idea he was truly unstable. No telling how he got through the hiring process with the LAPD - I am not familiar with their hiring practices and backgrounds. I do know my agency looks pretty close at applicants, and we get an occasional "leaker" too.
LAPD's process is more intense than the state standard minimum but people can get through anything that is run by humans.