View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 18:46   #19
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noponer View Post
All I have is a old 5 lb. postage scale; it would probably be no more help than the Glock figures. My scale might be accurate within a 1/4 oz. or so, if that is good enough for you.
OK, thanks for offering, but don't bother with it. I will have my hands on a G30S this week at a LGS and can get some data using a sensitive scale they keep in the shop. No problem.

People refer to the "lighter slide" of the G30S generally, but few can relate to that in a meaningful way. It will be helpful to quantify the mass of the slide and barrel of the two pistols and, with some very rough calculations, be able to better communicate the different slide velocity and recoil energy that can be expected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 02-12-2013 at 19:21..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote