View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 22:02   #45
DJ Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger142 View Post
I scored 1600 rounds today at Gander Mt for $99. They only had 1 case and I got it. They had about 50 boxes Remington thunderbolt 525 round boxes that were gone in about 10 minutes.
Our local Gander also got a shipment earlier in the week (Thursday, I think it was?). I just happened to be standing there when they rolled the pallet over to the ammo shelf (I had stopped to look around on my way to work; pure luck).

This is what I saw: a case (10) of Champion .22 rimfire value packs (525 rounds) @ $22.99 each. I bought two; one for myself, and one for my son. About a half-case of Thunderbolt .22 rimfire in individual 50-round boxes, a case of Spitfire rimfire ammo (couldn't see any details), a case of Independence .223 FMJ (in 20-round boxes), and a bunch of miscellaneous centerfire rifle ammo in various calibers (2-4 boxes of each).

This store still has centerfire handgun ammo in-stock (both FMJ and JHP loads), but their prices are high (I assume that's why they still have some available).

I called a few folks to let them know about the rimfire and .223, and a friend who got there a few hours later said it was all gone. The ammo IS still moving to the stores, but quantities are low, and demand is still high. When everybody has a personal communicator an arm's length away 24/7, word of new stock spreads quickly and stuff doesn't last long.

Keep looking, folks.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DJ Niner; 02-16-2013 at 22:03..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote