View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 14:17   #118
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
You have no idea how hilarious it is that that's the best you could do in response. Hold on and let me give you one of these just for effect...

I never lied on an application. Go find the original story and you'll see that it was a simple question asked in an interview by a woman who was doing interviews to see who should come back to talk to the regional maintenance director. She asked me if I knew about a particular system and I said yes so she would mark me down for a return interview. Then I did the research and when I came back I talked to the guy that would know if I was BSing him about that system. Funny how often you guys have to keep dragging the "Gunhaver the application falsifier" out in response to my posts on unrelated matters.

Why, it's almost like that's all you've got.

"
Originally Posted by Gunhaver showthread.php?p=19697940showthread.php?p=19697940
I have tailored resumes' to specific jobs and given friend's numbers as contacts for past employers. Even gave my own home # and answered it as my imaginary ex-employer when they called. Basically BSed my way into several positions that I wasn't technically experienced at. One place had a requirement for experience on a boiler/chiller system that was brand new. Nobody could have had a chance to get any experience on this thing yet so they don't even know what they're asking for sometimes. I snapped some pics and googled the hell out of that thing so I knew enough to BS my way through the second interview with the maintenance director and I was in.

I've been BSed by employers way more than I've ever BSed them so I still come out on top. Do what she needs you to do to get her the job and don't worry about it. It's only a bad thing if she's a screw-up.
"

There it is in its entirety Shall I highlight sections for you?

Originally Posted by Gunhaver showthread.php?p=19697940showthread.php?p=19697940
I have tailored resumes' to specific jobs and given friend's numbers as contacts for past employers.

Lying about a friend being a former employer

Even gave my own home # and answered it as my imaginary ex-employer when they called.

Lying about your identity and pretending to be your own former employer

Basically BSed my way into several positions that I wasn't technically experienced at.

"BS" another word for "Lie"

One place had a requirement for experience on a boiler/chiller system that was brand new. Nobody could have had a chance to get any experience on this thing yet so they don't even know what they're asking for sometimes. I snapped some pics and googled the hell out of that thing so I knew enough to BS my way through the second interview with the maintenance director and I was in.

More BS/Lie

I've been BSed by employers way more than I've ever BSed them so I still come out on top. Do what she needs you to do to get her the job and don't worry about it.

The ends justify the means

It's only a bad thing if she's a screw-up.

Lying is only a bad thing if you get caught

Don't try to lecture anyone, or question anyone else's ethics