View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 13:52   #17
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
Originally Posted by burttrans View Post
Hey thanks Nick I did know about Sportsmans but the couple of Saturdays I tried I did not want to hang out for hours. My brother-in-law did get one at Sportsmans. I have a couple of AR's anyway but wanted to get a Colt 6920 and just missed out on a Colt at WalMart in Ankeny and Altoona. Altoona had a Colt and before I could get there it was gone.
I actually planned since last summer to buy an m&p 15t around new years. It would have been my first ar. Then all this happened and my plan went to hell. I checked all three wal marts in central iowa that carries guns at the end of december and thats when i realized how grim the situation was. Then one sunday back in january i got a wild hair to be at sportsmans when they opened. Ill be dammed if i was number 10 in line and ended up getting a bushmaster carbon 15! I did the same thing a couple weeks later to get one for my fiance. I ended up with another one! Then i decided these cheapo carbon 15s werent what i wanted after doing a bit more research so i sold them both and am now building my own higher end unit built to be exactly what i want. Almost there! Just need a bcg charging handle and upper small parts kit! I was going to keep checking sportsmans in the hopes of scoring a sig ar also but i think too many people have caught on. I gave up on that a few weeks ago when all the ars were being sold to people that sat around there all day saturday.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is online now   Reply With Quote