View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:37   #47
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstormy View Post
Well, I for one did. But then you shoot it and need to buy more. Just because you bought it in the past doesn't mean you won't need it still.

I've got about 1200 rounds left right now but I won't shoot any of it until I can buy more.

when I'm down to 1000-1200 rounds of ammo in a particular caliber I consider myself to be out.

For that matter, I'm also out of 9x19. I've got around 800 rounds, but it's even more scarce than 7.62x39 in my area so I'm not firing a round.

I'll probably be doing more fishing then shooting this summer.
This. Although I don't fish I run.

You are reading the exploits of a dedicated "ammo finder." You can find 7.62 if you want to buy wolf or tula...but get ready to pay 2 or even 3 times what this ammo went for last November.

9mm...good luck. Finding 9 mm target ammo at anything which resembles a decent price is like finding a unicorn eating a field of 4 leaf clovers. $600 for 1,000 rounds of 9mm Tula? $500 for CCI Blaser (I bought 5,000 rounds when Palmetto had it at $189/1,000 in October or November).