Thread: Juicing
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 23:24   #7
ExxoticOne

Juice is meant to be drank FRESH...if you make a pitcher of it it will oxidize and you will lose nutrients/flavor. You need to run the juicer for each glass you drink. The key is to prep/wash all your fruits/veggies when you bring them home from the grocery store. That way, you save time. The Jack LaLane juicer is much more user friendly and easier to clean. You will still need fiber in your diet as you are not drinking the fibrous parts of the fruit/veggies. I supplement that portion with salads and oatmeal for lunch or snacks. Beet juice is especially good for cleansing the liver and detoxifying. The local library is sure to have books on juicing/recipes. I found I lost more weight on veggie juice vs. fruit juice...because of the high caloric content. One book you should definetely consider reading is Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond...one of the things it talks about is food combining and food combining is very easy to do and will complement this juicing project.