View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 17:42   #16
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Former cadet here, as well. Made it to C/1st LT, been to 3 encampments (Grissom, Chanute, and Wright-Patt). Did some SAR stuff, and got a "find" ribbon before I left. Went out on 3 (I think) total missions, but only got the 1 find. It was in northern KY, and the guy was dead when we got there.

I was never involved in the "senior member" program, but more than one cadet made his/her way to a military academy. A friend of mine was accepted to all 3, and chose Westpoint. I know the KY wing of CAP used to be very active with the drug interdiction flying...they would go out and look for marijuana fields, and then report those to the National Guard, or local LE. They were VERY active down near the London, KY area. Give your local squadron a call, and see what they can offer you. SAR is a big thing with most squadrons, and you should be able to get in some hours doing something like that.

BTW, for all those former cadets on here: I was in Centenary Composite sqaudron (15058, I think), and made it to the nation drill comp in both '88 and '89. We sucked in '88, coming in last place, but scored 3rd the next year.