View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 09:09   #16
Patricia
CLM Number 180
Wild at heart

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary42141
At the age of 40? ;f

Personally, I believe anyone thinking of enlisting at the moment needs to look at how the military is being used for things other than it's intended purpose, and at who our elected leadership is.

If these things don't bother you...go for it. It bothers the hell out of me, which is why I made the comment. I view Iraq as yet another ill-conceived war in a long list of ill-conceived wars and conflicts that have nothing to do with defending this country.
Gary, with all due respect sir, when I set up this forum, the idea was that it would be a place for Veterans to gather, share stories, etc. Although I understand you are entitled to your opinion in answering Russ's questions, I do want to make it clear that I have no intention of this forum turning into another political issues. I understand that your post quoted above does explain your answer to Russ's questions, but I would prefer it not go any further than that. It does bring up a question that I have been wanting to ask, but I think I will start a seperate thread for it and not hijack this one.