View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 09:26   #2
bangelo's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Near my G17
Posts: 891
If I read your post correctly, you do not need a license to scan any frequencies. If you just want to scan, any joe schmoe can do that, but if you want to transmitt on ham freqs you need at least a tech license.

The ham test is basically broken down to technical parts and law parts, i forget how many questions in each part. Its pretty easy. go to and lookup ham radio tests online and you will find a crap load of info and practice tests. studie those and you will be good.
bangelo is offline   Reply With Quote