View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 09:48   #5
Tennessee Slim
CLM Number 93
Señor Member

VNC is da bomb. I administer UNIX servers from a Windblows workstation using the same GUI as I use when at the server. Saves me from being locked in the server room all day. Check out Real VNC, Tight VNC, Tridia VNC, Ultr@ VNC; all are freeware and maintained by open source crowd. You can even run ‘em thru SSH if you need to.

The mother church is here: www.realvnc.com

Believe it or don’t, I also have VNC on my PDA, allowing me to do limited server maintenance wirelessly while stuck in some pointless meeting or other. Is that geek chic or what?

"The principal feature of American liberalism is sanctimoniousness. By loudly denouncing all bad things — war and hunger and date rape — liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things.... It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal."
-- P.J. O'Rourke (1992)
Tennessee Slim is offline   Reply With Quote