View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 18:09   #7
Hermo Gut
Senior Member
Hermo Gut's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Metro Manila , Philippines
Posts: 690
When I bought my conversion kit (.40cal.) for my Jericho 941FS 9mm. I was required by Magnificent to have it licensed.

Like Allegra said ,the barrel is considered a firearm. It is one of the questions given when applying for a Gun Safety Certificate.It's also the reason why we cannot order barrels online.

When I was active in the shooting sport, I usually indicate the true caliber of my firearm as shown on the PTT. Even if it's only a liability waiver, you'll be in trouble once something unforseen happens. I usually get a separate PTT for my conversion kit (already installed on the frame).If you intend to shoot a .40cal. out of your .45cal gun you must have the proper documents otherwise it's a Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm.Don't rely on the authorities not being able to differentiate between the two, if you encounter a knowlegeable cop (which for sure there are) you'll be in real trouble.Stay safe.
BOG #941
Heckler and Koch Club #50
"There are only two ways to live your life.One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein -
Hermo Gut is offline   Reply With Quote