View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 00:27   #2
Glock Bob
Snack Attack!!!
Glock Bob's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,076
I do believe you have to take the test in-person. After you pass your test and recieve your CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination), the organization giving the test will send it in for you and you'll recieve your license and call within a few weeks.

As far as studying:

I took the test before it was restructured, when there were two tests to pass for technician. There was a great online practice that I can't find now for the life of me. Basically I'd answer the questions I knew and memorized those I didn't. Some of the questions seemed a little more advanced than a technician really needed, but it is good to have a knowledge of them.

If you have any specific questions, no matter how pity or stupid you may think they are, be sure to ask. I'm sure I or another on this board would be more than happy to answer. Heck, I've had my license for over 4 years and I still have questions.
In memory of Christopher James Roy, killed in action, November 28, 2005, and Eric Harless, taken by cancer April 29, 2006. We hardly knew you. May you each rest in peace.
Glock Bob is offline   Reply With Quote