View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 09:01   #5
BinLurking
Your Phone

Quote:
Originally posted by grampi
If all my other methods of getting hired fail (e.i., merely applying for vacancies, or going the voc rehab training route), and I receive no passover notification for any of the these vacancies I've applied for, I may file a claim with the DOL and let them do their thing. Hey, you know what they say about an animal that gets backed into a corner?
Grampi, you and I have been communicating via PM and shared with you what I know. In your comment here, you have to make the "cert" (certificate to select list). There is no passover if you are not on the select list and they cannot offer you the position if you are not on the cert list. I second what Flipper 348 said. You should re-direct your energies into the right direction i.e., finding employment, maybe in the private sector or a government contractor, rather than hanging out "here"! I am a firm believer in people who says: "there aren't any jobs around here" are the ones who are not looking for a job. I live in a small community and I have been employed since retirement from the service. YMMV.
BinLurking is offline   Reply With Quote